- Fix GCC/LLVM version detection in some cases.
- Ensure Python 3.9 compatibility.
- Drop Python 3.5 support.
- Ensure Python 3.8 compatibility.
- Drop Python 3.4 support.
New compilers support:
- LLVM Clang
- Add more easy access function to get current machine CPU and compiler information.
First version with following features:
- Microsoft Visual C++ compiler
- GNU Compiler Collection
- X86 (32/64 bits)
- x86 CPUID
- Multi-architecture optimized compilation for distribution
- Current-architecture optimized compilation
- API autodetection: openMP, openACC & Intel Cilk Plus
- Extra compilers options: fast math
- Extended configuration
- Build tools compatibility: Distutils, Setuptools, Numpy.distutils & Cython
- PIP autodetection
- Full Unittest with pytest and Continuous integration on Appveyor and Travis-CI
- Sphinx Documentation with Readthedoc
Ideas & possibles futures features¶
- Ability to force the use of an API (openMP, …)
- Add it as an option in setuptools (or eventually merge it in setuptools).
- Since this module get many information on CPU, give possibility to users to access them easily as a dict.
- Add support for more compilers (Intel, LLVM, …). The aim is to support all compilers available with distutils and numpy.distutils.
- Add support for more processors (ARM, …).